Sunrise and Sunset are a fact we see every day so that we can eaily learn to model the sun apparent daily motion.
aksiografi.com – Alternating day and night because there is the sun rises in the East and Sets in the West. However, we do not yet know what to model the Sun’s daily movement looks like.
Let us get to know the visible model of the daily motion of the sun in a simple way. This time, Nature School will practice using simple materials.
The practice of the Nature School with the material of Sunrise-Sunset aims to model the Sun’s apparent daily motion.
22-by-28-inch (55-by-70-cm) piece of poster board
1. Use the marker to draw the largest semicircle possible on the poster board. Cut out the semicircle.
2. Label the left side of the semicircle “Sunrise” and the right side “Sunset.”
3. Holding the semicircle, stand with your back near the tree.
4. Walk eight paces away from the tree. Then turn and face the tree.
5. Hold the poster board parallel with the ground so that the center of the straight edge of the board is near but not touching your eyes.
6. Turn so that the tree is in line with the left (sunrise) side of the poster board.
7. Slowly turn your body counterclockwise until the tree is in line with the right (sunset) side of the poster board. As you turn, watch the tree while also observing objects in the background.
The tree appears to move from one side of the poster board to the other, but does not move in relation to objects in the background. Sunrise and Sunset are just Apparent Daily Motion.
The apparent motion of the tree from one side of the paper to the other is due to your body turning. The apparent motion of the Sun is also, like the tree, due to your body turning. But for the Sun’s motion, instead of you turning your own body, the Earth you stand on turns, or rotates, about its axis (an imaginary line through the center of an object), taking your body with it.
The Sun’s daily path is generally from east to west. Sunrise is the apparent rising of the Sun above the eastern horizon (an imaginary line where the sky and Earth appear to meet). Sunset is the apparent setting of the Sun below the western horizon.
You can read the others article of #nature-school in this website.