How to save time during the day. The length of day and night is not the same in all parts of the world. There are long days and there are also longer nights.
aksiografi.com – Change of day and night due to the rotationof the erath around the sun so that the sun appears to move across the sky where the sun rises from the east to set to the west. Not all countries have the same time of day and nitght. There are countries that have a balanced day and nigt, there are countries that have a longer time of day or night.
The difference between day and night might be a way to save time. So how do people who live close to the poles save their time during the day or use their work time at night longer.
In this wexperiment we will study whether longer daylight hours have extra sunlight due to summer time?
To determine if there is extra sunlight because of daylight saving time.
watch or clock
empty soup can (or can of comparable size) thin pole, such as a flagpole (a thin tree will work)
Procedure How To Save Time
1. Set the watch to correct standard time, which is 1 hour earlier than daylight saving time. If you are performing this experiment during daylight saving time, set the watch back 1 hour.
2. On a sunny day, take the can outdoors about 5 minutes before 10:00 A.M. (or any convenient hour).
3. Locate the shadow of the pole.
4. At 10:00 A.M., push the can into the ground in the center of the pole’s shadow.
5. Before the following day, set the watch to daylight saving time (set the watch ahead 1 hour).
6. On the following day, at 10:00 A.M. daylight saving time, observe the pole’s shadow. After that, compare the location of the shadow to the location of the can. Continue to observe the shadow periodically and make note of the time when the can is in the center of the shadow as on the previous day.
The can was in the pole’s shadow 1 hour later when the watch was set to daylight saving time.
Daylight saving time (DST) is the time from late spring to early autumn when clocks are set forward 1 hour so that there are more usable hours of daylight in the evening. Standard time (ST) is the time during the rest of the year. During daylight saving time, nothing changes except the position of the hour hand on the watch.
The shadow on the can would have indicated the same standard time of 10:00 A.M. each day. Your watch showed the shadow to be on the can at 11:00 A.M. instead of 10:00 A.M. because you set your watch ahead 1 hour. Dawn and sunset both occur 1 hour later during daylight saving time, so no extra hours of daylight are really available from the time change.